onsdag 16 februari 2011

on ma own

I always used to think I'm the unluckiest basturd of all students but today I realized I should think da opposite! Every week we work on a different department and this week I'm in the breakfast department. The day starts with mi baking bread at 07:00 which I prepare da day before, make 2 different types of porridge etc. We always have the responsible teacher to guide us and guess what, she was off today and I had to be own ma own to run the school restaurant!
It's a lot to be done yo! I was smart enough to give my classmates a bit of work so I asked one guy to fix about 10 liters coffee, his girlfriend helped mi with setting up things like conflacks etc, ma friend da english guy helped mi with fixing porridge and then I did the rest like preparing the vegetables, ham, cheeses, butter etc then I have to take care of the cash aswell and the funny thing happened of course, the cashbox got stuck right in the begining of breakfast and there was a long cue as usuall so I called the english guy for help cause he did breakfast last week so he might knew what to do but well, we cheated technology! had to cover it up my way and the rest of the day went smoothly but not really, lunch time the card machine was fucking with mi! people knew they had money on their bank accounts but their cards were being denied but anyway as always, I improvise, mi cool hehe!
It really was a wake up call to run the school restaurant on ma own, taking care of 500 customers from my school, the high school beside my school and anybody from ma neirbourhood that wanna eat with us and many do cause we're da cheapest, we take 40 kronors for lunch, we prepare fresh food everyday, as students we always do our best of course, best hygiene ever since we have teachers watching every move we make! In sweden lunch costs around 65 kronors! I forgot to fix coffee for after lunch, lucky I don't panic but just roll on, coffee was ready in 5 minutes; swedish people must have their coffee after food! Around 13:30 we have the last coffee break, another problem showed up, I didn't put up the cakes students bake for coffee and I had to sent one guy to help mi with that cause I was the cashier, can't leave my till u see! A till is da cashbox! Towards closing time the school workers normally come to get the rest of the coffee we normally pour away and since I was running the show, it's my saying when they should take it and that's when we are closed but a sucker from Norway just thought that since we close in 10 minutes and usually by that time no new customers come so he gave his friends the all the coffee without asking me and I thought, ah well, what the hake, I close up and suddenly 3 people showed up and while I was explaining to the teacher what happened why we have no coffee my own classmates showed up and suddenly I had 10 people in need of coffee! Had to make new coffee of course thanks to the sucker from norway, gonna kick his ass tomorrow, this ain't no joke! I made 5 liters coffee which i had to pour away the rest later of course!
With all those problems u better believe I leant a lot but the fact that I ran this thing by maself was pretty cool! The truth is I've done that a million times in ma father's shops! My grandfather was a businessman during smith regime meaning when brittish people were running ma country, ma father was both british and zim businessman, he had small shops during whiteman's time and I was just a baby and then it became Zimbabwe and he just blossomed like a flower, really crazy! I then helped him run his shops, mi and ma brothers and it really was a lot of fun playing around with money! He retired early and started taking fishing trips with his friends in boats and stupid stuff like that while his sons were his niggers, nigger means slave if you didn't know! Lots of people think nigger means black, no you ignorent ma fuckers! A nigger is a slave and black people were slaves duirng those terreble times!
Anyway, mi love money so the reason why I'm studying cooking is to continue with da family tradition and run ma own business, restaurants it is for me! I learned to walk in a barbershop, my father's first business, that's a place were people cut their hair! I've seen all kinds of afro as a baby that's why mi has dread-locks, got tired of dat shit yo! My dad had all kinds of businesses u can think of! At one time he had about more than 20 emergency taxis, about a dozen trucks, shops in different towns, pubs, butcher that's a meat shop! About ma grandfather I just heard, I never met da guy, he died before I was born but Elliot was his name! It must have been difficult for him to run business during white man's power! Hats off, he managed that, wasn't easy as far as black history and appatheid is concerned!

Joke of da day! my friend the english guy is this week doing dishes were I was last week! stupid job for stupid people but easy easy easy! You use a machine of course, just push in and push in and they come out clean on da other side, but anyway a guy from finland asked my friend for a puss, that's a kiss! My friend like I said he's english so we have two guys here who are not so good in swedish! A puss asked my friend? yes said the guy from finland! My friend then hesitated and looked confused wondering of course why this guy just comes and asks for a kiss! The guy from finland noticing that my friend looked confused he then lifted a banana then my friend said aha, a påse, that's a plastic-bag ...god I can't stop laughing, hope you understand! Then my friend said he was just about to kiss him and then he lifted the banana; and really you can imagine how much I laughed!!! something like that also happened to mi with a guy from norway when I was the cashier, totally different story but good night folks! have to rest for the day, it's late as always when I write ma shit!
Take good care of yourselves and always remember to pronounce your words when you talk to people from other countries, one word can really mean a lot and totally something else!!!  bless

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar